Sunday, March 25, 2012

Diary of a Random Sim (DOARS) Day 1-Black


 Dear Diary,

 I moved to Sunset Valley today! I found a charming cottage, well not so much a cottage as a building designed for living in. Charming's not quite the word either, but I could afford it and I'm calling it home. It's the loveliest (*cringe*) shade of red and it has plenty of room for a nice garden.















The best part of my cottage is the Sports Stadium just down the road. I've always dreamed of being a sports star, and this may just be my chance! I'm here for a fresh start after all. When I'm a sports star ( it IS going to happen) I'll publish this diary for all my adoring fans to read, won't that be nice? Or maybe I'll leave it to posterity, either way, this diary will be important, just you wait.


Well what good are dreams of being a sports star if I have no athletic talent? They're no good, that's what. I know it's my first day here and all, but I'm a driven woman! I wasted no time in getting to the gym today and working my butt off. The trip didn't prove particularly productive, in fact I didn't even manage to get even one athletic point before I quit. What are you laughing at? Even sports stars have to start somewhere. The important thing is that I started working out, focus on that.



I did eventually get the hang of the treadmill, though, and I'm hoping that my next trip to the gym will have better results, though honestly, I think I might just take a class to get the basics down. It'll be kind of expensive and use the rest of my money, but you don't get to be a Superstar Athlete without a few risks now, right? Well, whatever. I haven't made up my mind yet, and who asked you anyway?


The gym did afford me the opportunity to meet some people in Sunset Valley, though. Just after I got there a whole crowd of people showed up! Who knew SV was so fitness conscious? This is just my kind of town!


I'm not sure how crazy I was about them all watching tv while I was trying to focus on running, though. I mean, who knew treadmills were so difficult?!? It took all my concentration to stay upright on that death trap and they all distract me with the TV? Totally not appreciated.


So I gave up, now I'm no quitter, but I do believe in taking breaks when it becomes necessary to do so. Especially when a geeky bachelor shows up and looks like he's wanting to chat. I mean, let's be honest, is there anything more attractive than a man who blogs and knows his way around computers? Yeah, I didn't think so.


He seemed eager to open up about his likes to me, I mean a little too eager. Settle down, boy, I'm not looking to settle down just yet! Well, that might not be true, but the dude just came out and told me his favorite color without any prompting. That's a bit much. I have peculiar rules about that kind of thing, you know? I mean, someone's favorite color is a profoundly personal thing, imo. I'd only share that info with someone I trusted with my life. What's that? Oh, yes, people have called me a weird-o for my entire life.


So I politely excused myself from the intriguing, but overly optimistic Cyclone and made my way to the stadium. I can't say that I'm too proud of how I got my job, but begging seemed to do the trick. Yeah, that's right I begged for a job, the only thing they had that open was the position of a rabid fan. I was just like, you pay someone to do that?!? You totally owe me 20 years of back pay. They didn't really go for that, but they did give me the job, so I suppose they thought I was qualified... to be... rabid. Don't think about it too hard, k?


So diary, after that my stomach started letting me know that I had better concede to its demands, so I marched right on home and put together the dinner of champions ( or rather rabid fans). That's right, autumn salad, not only is it easy to fix, but it's good for you, got that? If you want to be a famous sports star like I will be some day, the first step is eating right.


Where you eat said health food is another matter entirely. A sim's gotta do what a sim's gotta do and my "charming cottage" didn't come complete with a table or anything. Frankly I don't see what's too charming about it, but whatev.


The lovely citizens of Sunset Valley decided to swarm my home in yet another friendly demonstration of their existence. I mean, it's not like I'm not a people person, but a girl can only take so much! I pretended I wasn't home, no I'm not proud of that either, but hey too many people make me freak out, so there.

That's pretty much everything I did today. Pretty exciting right? Yeah yeah, whatever, that's enough from the peanut gallery! I tell ya', never cutting me any slack, good grief.

Exhausted and excited,

Lynn Winslow










6 comments:

  1. Ohmygoodness, the last pic is kind of freaking me out, because it's TOTALLY YOUR SLEEPY FACE.

    ...ahem. This was funny, and I enjoyed it a lot. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good! I plan to keep updating it as I play, so whenever she finishes a day I come over here and write a diary of it. Not sure how it will work when the next generation takes over, but I guess we'll find out!

      Delete
    2. Lol! I was thinking the same thing about the last pic...

      I like it! You definitely gave her her own voice. It's kind of like you, but not quite.

      Delete
    3. Haha! I keep meaning to mention that she always sleeps in her makeup, just like me! I'm sure that's why it looks just like me, lol. If I would just wash my makeup before going to bed (which is better for my skin anyway) that would be good. :D

      Delete
  2. I just found you on boolprop, and yay! This looks like a fun storytelling concept! I'll keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks! I'm really just now trying to get the hang of this, and I hope you enjoy it. :)

      Delete